Monday, October 12, 2009

Busan meat dogs

While I was in Busan on the weekend I visited a market where they had meat dogs for sale. I'd heard that the meat dogs were a special breed of dog, raised on farms. I imagined that they were somehow more like farm animals, and not companions. So I saw these dogs, and... they were dogs. They looked at me. They wagged their tails. They wanted to be patted, and played with.

I haven't mentioned this, but many people who read this knew my dog Dawson. A couple of weeks ago his cancer came back, and he had to be put down. It was one of those moments when it feels rotten to be so far from home. I miss him a lot. And I thought of him when I saw the Busan meat dogs. I don't think I'll be eating dog after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home