Thursday, November 12, 2009

Saying the alphabet backwards...

A while ago I offered my second grade kids the opportunity to win a highly coveted, almost impossible-to-get shiny sticker if they learned the alphabet backwards, which several then did in a couple of days. I meant to film them at the time, but my camera broke. So today, with a new camera, I decided to document it. They were a little rusty - it had been a couple of months - but their memories are extraordinary at this age, so they had it down again in five minutes with a little bit of practice. Here are two videos.

Sue gets her N and M back-to-front, but this video makes me laugh, mostly due to Punky's determined efforts to derail the performance with the funniest silent comic performance since Charlie Chaplin.


Yeti and Jessica. Just adorable. Also another fine cameo by Punky.

I live in dread of one of them asking me to say the alphabet backwards. They think I'm so smart, my credibility would never recover.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I know that feeling: the fear of losing teacher credibility. my performance would have long pauses between each letter while I went through the alphabet forwards to work out what came next "Z, umm.... Y. Er... X!" (etc...)
tim

November 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home